Studied directing at the Film and Television Department of the University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna.
Graduated from Michael Haneke's master class with excellence.
Was invited four times to the official selection of the Cannes Film Festival, 2001 participation in the section Cinéfondation with Null Defizit, 2003 debut of the section Un Certain Regard with Mader's first feature film Struggle, 2005 section Tous les Cinémas du Monde with Gfrasta and 2007 presentation of her screenplay SERVIAM - I Will Serve in the series L'Atelier.
- 1992: Endstation Homeless
- 1994: Kilometre 123.5
- 1997: Ready for What
- 1998: Gfrasta
- 2001: Zero Deficit
- 2003: Struggle
- 2012: What Is Love
- 2017: Life Guidance
- CIPPUTI Award (Competition Torino Film Festival)
- Best Script, Saarländische Rundfunk & ZDF Award (Film Festival Max Ophüls Preis)
- FIPRESCI Award (Molodist Int. Film Festival, Kiev)
- Best Cinematography (Diagonale, Austria)
- Jury Prize ("Food in Film" Festival, Italy)
- Special Mention Jury (Festival Cinematografico dell'Umbria)